Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine is seeking a Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) to lead the college’s fundraising and alumni relations programs on both the Philadelphia and Georgia campuses. Reporting directly to the President as a member of the President’s Cabinet, the CAO will:
- Work closely with all officers of the College and members of the Board of Trustees to set a strategic direction for the college’s fundraising, which includes identifying priorities, policies, strategies, and tactics to support unrestricted giving as well as restricted gifts to support faculty research, and curricular, educational, and capital projects.
- Lead efforts to match institutional goals to donor desires and to define gift requirements for the College’s programs.
- Develop a corporate strategy for the Philadelphia campus, and in concert with the Georgia Advancement Officer, will work with the professional leadership of both campuses and the trustees to build and execute a corporate strategy for the Atlanta region.
- Be responsible for the coordination of all fundraising activities, including identification, qualification, and assignment of prospects, cultivation, solicitation, closure, and stewardship.
- The successful candidate will possess demonstrated success in a broad range of fundraising areas in a higher educational institution, preferably a private medical college or university, or an environment of similar complexity. Strength in individual giving, major gifts, corporate and foundation relations is essential.
- This position requires a proven ability to provide management oversight, leadership, and strategic direction in order to develop trust and strong collaborative working relationships.
- A Master’s degree and a minimum seven (7) years experience, preferably in an academic or healthcare setting, are required.
- CFRE preferred.
All inquiries must include salary requirments and should be directed to:
Department of Human Resources
Medical Office Building
4190 City Avenue, Suite 144
Philadelphia, PA 19131
Call (215) 871-6500
Fax (215) 871-6506
PCOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer